Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Back to it



 Finding time for painting again, getting started is something else.

some time ago I just threw some black paint over a cheap canvas with an extra coat, and then wiped out for lights just imagining a setup, so I had done something. while I was trying out to use a toned ground, I thought I go with a burnt umber and white. So I looked at the black underpainting and thought why not go over with burnt umber and white, a simple monochrome, and there I was back in action, No worry about color just light dark. (mostly used a painting knife)



I first did a dark underpainting and just shaped in the lemon with a redish ochre. This dries very fast. 
I also revisited some old works trying to improve them or doing (in lack of setup) a repainting. See if I get to post some of them here



An old work on masonite, where did a good deal more about the plum. First there was just kind of a wash in, then some opakes here and there. Sort of repeated that in a more opake way


No comments: